Terms and Conditions
The following terms shall have the following meaning throughout these terms and conditions:
- ‘Awards’ shall refer to the Malta Business Awards organised by the Malta Chamber of SMEs.
- ‘Nominee’ means the organisation and/or the individual who has been nominated for an award.
- ‘Nomination’ means the online form that is completed as the entry submission.
- ‘Category’ means each particular category of award to be given and presented by the Malta Chamber of SMEs as listed and detailed on the website https://www.maltabusinessawards.mt/
- ‘Business’ means an operation that has an economic activity, in the form of a self-employed, partnership or a registered company employing at least (one) employee (including owner) on both Part-time or Full-time basis.
- ‘Entry and Closing dates’ refer to the Official Award Dates published on the website indicating the entry and closing dates.
- ‘Selection Criteria’ means the criteria and basis for judging nominations to determine the Finalists and Winners of the Malta Business Awards.
- ‘Selection Committee’ means the panel of experts comprised of representatives from the Malta Chamber of SMEs and other industry representatives.
How to Enter
Entry is free.
To enter the Malta Business Awards all applicants must read and understand the terms and conditions set out in this document (Terms and Conditions) and complete the on-line entry form for your chosen category.
Malta Chamber of SMEs reserves the right to alter or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at its discretion.
All entrants into the Malta Business Awards will be notified of any change to these Terms and Conditions that has taken place before their entry is judged and will be provided with a reasonable opportunity to amend or alter their entry (should they wish to do so).
All submissions are to be lodged through the Malta Business Awards website at https://www.maltabusinessawards.mt.
By lodging your entry, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Your entry must be submitted by the relevant close date and time as published on the website.
To be eligible to participate in the Awards, the Nominee must demonstrate that:
- Has an economic activity (with the exception of the Apprentice of the Year Awards)
- Employs at least one (1) employee (including him / her self) (with the exception of the Apprentice of the Year Awards)
- Entries that fail to do so will not be considered for judging.
- All details are to be submitted at application stage. Applications which are not duly filled in full will not be considered.
- Malta Chamber of SMEs employees, current Board Members or any of its related or controlled entities., members of the Selection Committee (pertaining the specific award) and companies sponsoring the specific award are not eligible to participate.
- Malta Chamber of SMEs reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry who Malta Chamber of SMEs has reason to believe may have breached any of these Terms and Conditions (including any of the eligibility requirements), or engaged in any unlawful, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or other improper misconduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Malta Business Awards or otherwise may bring the Malta Business Awards into disrepute or damage the goodwill or reputation of the Malta Chamber of SMEs.
- Malta Chamber of SMEs accepts no responsibility for any entries lost in transit or not received by the closing time due to technical disruptions or any other reason beyond the control of the Malta Chamber of SMEs.
- Entrants must ensure they meet, and continue to meet, all eligibility criteria requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, in addition to any category-specific requirements published on the Categories section of the website.
- Finalists (or a representative) will be required to commit to be present during the event. Finalists failing to do so will be automatically disqualified.
Entry Into the Awards
By submitting a Nomination, the Nominee confirms that it accepts these terms and conditions and it has the agreement of all parties associated with the project that the submission be made.
All Nominations must be submitted in full via the online entry form found on the Malta Business Awards Website. This must be completed in either Maltese or English and submitted before or on the Closing Date.
Malta Chamber of SMEs reserves the right to declare any entry ineligible, if at any time during or after the term of the award process your entry form is found to be incomplete, deficient, false, or misleading in any way.
The Nominee must have all the necessary rights required by law to submit the entry and shall be responsible that the all information submitted is true, current and complete, up to the date of submission. Any claim relating to the nomination must be backed up with sufficient evidence of such claim (refer to the selection criteria). Additional data or information may be requested at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Entry and Closing Dates
Malta Chamber of SMEs reserves the right to extend or vary the entry period if required, before or after the Malta Business Awards entry period commences.
Representation and Warranties
Malta Chamber of SMEs represents and warrants on its behalf and on behalf of its employees, that:
- All information provided in the Nomination form will be treated with the strictest confidence. No information will be disclosed to third parties, other than those involved in the running and selection of the Awards, without the prior written consent of the Nominee or its representatives.
- It will not be kept liable for any damages resulting from the disclosure of information which is readily available in the public domain or becomes available in the public domain after the submission of the Nomination.
- It may use the Nominee’s name and logo for purposes connected with promoting the Awards.
- The name of the Nominee and the logo will be used in the exact form provided by the Nominee.
- Malta Chamber of SMEs may decide not to use the name and logo supplied by the Nominee if it considers it to be of unsuitable quality or style, misleading, or not representative of the nominee.
A Selection Committee will be appointed by Malta Chamber of SMEs for the purpose of acknowledging the merits of individual achievements based on pre-defined criteria. It will be appointed and coordinated by Malta Chamber of SMEs at its absolute discretion. Malta Chamber of SMEs reserves the right to alter the composition of the said panel at any time.
At its discretion, Malta Chamber of SMEs applies a weighting to each question, based on the complexity of that question in relation to all questions within a category.
There will only be one (1) winner per category.
Final awards will be made based on the submitted Nominations received by the Closing Date.
If so, advised by the Selection Committee members, Malta Chamber of SMEs reserves the right to make no award in any or all categories if, in their opinion, the nominations are of insufficient merit.
There will be no communication between the Selection Committee members and Nominees or any of their representatives regarding judging criteria, process, and decisions.
The Selection Process will commence after the Closing Date.
The decisions of the Selection Committee members with regards to all the Nominations within all the categories and also with regards to the respective winners are final.
The Chair of each Selection Committee has the final casting vote in the event of a tie. This is only applicable if the Chair does not have a conflict of interest in one or more Nominations under any Category.
The Malta Business Awards comprise of the following categories:
Distinct Initiatives Category
- Best CSR Initiative
- Leader in Inclusivity
- Exceptional Wellbeing at the Workplace
- Customer Service Excellence Award
- Local Cultural Contributor
- Apprentice of the Year
Green Ambassadors Category
- Innovative Climate Solution
- Best Waste Reduction Strategy
- Green Transport Initiative
- Leader in Sustainable Initiatives
- Carbon Neutral Commitment Award
Celebrating Business Category
- Presidents’ Choice Award
- SME of the Year (Up to 250 Employees)
- Gozo Business of the Year
- Start-up Business of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year (Under 35 years)
- Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- Family Business of the Year
- Best Financial Institution
Business Innovation Category
- Business Innovation
- Reinvention Award
- B2B Digital Solution of the Year
- Leader in Quality Tourism
- Best Campaign
Malta Chamber of SMEs may, in its sole discretion (without prior notice) add or vary these award categories from time to time.
Final Stage and Announcement of Winners
The Selection Committee will shortlist a number of nominations from each Category. The winner from each Category will be announced during the awards ceremony to be held on Friday 28th October 2022.
Nominees that do not make it to the shortlist stage will be informed via email.
Shortlisted Nominees will be advised by e-mail and they must also collaborate by providing any required information that may be needed in the preparation for the event.
Malta Chamber of SMEs will have the right to use any of the information, including photographs or filming, made available by the Nominees and their representatives, as well as any interviews given by the Nominees and their representatives.